Monday, November 16, 2009

Best Laid Plans - College Update

In the time that I've been on break from college, some things have changed. One is that now students have a hold on their accounts and cannot register for classes until they meet with an advisor. This insures that students stay on track, what classes are necessary for their desired degrees and what classes will be a waste of time. This is a great idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be doing me much good.

I talked to my advisor. We settled on a class (and even a backup class). And then it's time to register. Monday is for Seniors. Tuesday is for Freshmen. Wednesday is the rest of us.

I checked the pages Monday and my classes are already gone!! Son of a bitch. This is the second time this has happened. As luck would have it, the class I missed out on in the Fall, is open this Spring. It's even a class I want - Geology.

Maybe next Fall I'll be able to take the class I missed out on this Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment